- Qualifications Framework Level 3 (QR Registration no.: 18/000545/L3)
- In collaboration with Project Concern Hong Kong, Certificate in Dental Surgery Assisting will be issued jointly by Lingnan Institute of Further Education and Project Concern Hong Kong to those who have successfully completed the programme;
- The programme is designed for practicing dental surgery assistants or those aspiring dental surgery assistants;
- The programme is taught by experienced dentists, senior dental surgery assistants or qualified medical service/ dental professionals provided by Project Concern Hong Kong;
- Besides lectures, there are 29 hours’ clinical training and 10 hours’ clinical practice with emphasis of both theory and practice;
- Taught in Cantonese supplemented with English. Teaching materials are in Chinese supplemented with English.
About Project Concern Hong Kong
Project Concern Hong Kong (PCHK) was established in 1961 to promote primary health care and health promotion activities. PCHK has been providing dental services since 1971.
Fundamentals of Dental Surgery Assisting (30 hours)
Advanced Skills of Dental Surgery Assisting (60 hours)
• Level 2 in five HKDSE subjects including Chinese Language and English Language or equivalent; or
• Satisfactory completion of Diploma Yi Jin; or
• Aged 21 or above at the commencement of the programme plus minimum 1-year health related working experience; or
• Other equivalent qualifications to be assessed by LIFE
Health Education and Training Fund (PCHK Scholarship) provided by Project Concern Hong Kong
Clinical training and practice: dental clinics of Project Concern Hong Kong
22 October 2018 (Monday)
22 October 2018 to 26 November 2018 & 7 January 2019 to 4 March 2019
Every Monday 7:00-10:00 p.m.
6 December 2018 to 20 December 2018 & 14 March 2019 to 9 May 2019
Every Thursady 7:00-10:00 p.m.