Funded by the Quality Enhancement Support Scheme (QESS), “Career Guidance and Internship Enhancement Project” is launched to enhance the employability of LIFE’s students through comprehensive career lifetime planning services, career guidance and counselling and establishment of networks with companies and non-governmental organizations in the provision of internship or placement opportunities.
The QESS is set up by the Education Bureau under their Self-financing Post-secondary Education Fund to promote quality enhancement of the self-financing post-secondary sector. From September 2016 to August 2018, “Career Guidance and Internship Enhancement Project” will help students acquire realistic understanding of the employment market and reflect on their interest in the relevant industry via the following ways.
- Individual counseling services will be provided to assist students to establish personal career goals.
- Students’ strengths and weakness will be identified through the assessments so that they consider the suitable paths for career development.
- Industrial attachment will be tailor-made for students based on their personality traits and disciplines of study. Pre-job training and on-job support will be provided as necessary.
- Internship opportunities with various job natures will be provided to students. The mentorship, company visits and sharing sessions will also be arranged to broaden their horizon.
- Career and soft skills training workshops focusing on job-hunting skills such as resume writing, interview skills and career lifetime planning will be provided to develop students’ career plan.
- A Career Resources Corner will be set up to provide one-stop career services.
- Advising session with students will be conducted based on employers’ comment and self-evaluation.
Please contact Student Development Office for further information about 《Career Guidance and Internship Enhancement Project》.
Student Development Office
Tel: 2616 7285 Email: SDO@LN.edu.hk
Address: UG02, New Academic Block, Lingnan University