Continued Education Fund (CEF)
CEF Registered Programmes
The enhancement measures of the CEF have been implemented. For learners enrolling on courses that had commenced before the implementation date (i.e. 1 April 2019), reimbursement claims under the CEF will be processed in accordance with the previous requirements and arrangements (including the subsidy ceiling of $10,000).
||Previous Requirements and arrangements
(applicable to CEF courses that commenced before 1 April 2019)
(applicable to CEF courses that commence on or after 1 April 2019)
|Co-payment Ratios by Learner
- 20% of the course fee (applicable for the first HK$10,000); and
- 40% of the course fee (applicable for the second HK$10,000)
|Currently Closed CEF Accounts
- Nullified upon closing of individual CEF accounts
- To be re-activated
- Will be given an additional subsidy of HK$10,000
[Note 1: Before reaching the age of 66]
[Note 2: Before reaching the age of 71]
|Scope of CEF Courses
- Within the eight specified domains of CEF;
- Specification of Competency Standards-based (SCS-based) courses under the Qualifications Register (QR)
[Note 3: The programmes funded by University Grants Committee and provided by Employees Retraining Board are not included.]
- All eligible courses registered under the QR, including SCS-based courses; Specification of Generic (Foundation) Competencies-based (SGC-based) courses; and non SCS/SGC-based courses which are divided into 14 classified Areas of Study and Training
|Validity Period, Maximum Number of Claims and Other Administrative Arrangements
||Validity period of CEF accounts
- Four years since the opening of CEF accounts
|Maximum number of CEF claim submissions
- To submit the application for opening an account before commencement of the applicant’s first CEF course
[Note 4: Applicants are required to submit their reimbursement claims within one year upon successful completion of a CEF course.]
- To submit application for opening an account together with application for the first reimbursement claim after the successful completion of the applicant’s first CEF course
For details about the CEF Enhancement Measures and calculation of subsidy, please visit:
- CEF Webpage
- Subsidy Calculator for CEF
Eligibility and Procedures of Application for Reimbursement
Applicants should be:
- Hong Kong residents who have the right of abode or the right to land or to remain in Hong Kong without restriction, or holders of one-way permit from the Mainland China;
- aged between 18 and 70 (i.e. before reaching the age of 71) both at the time when the CEF reimbursable course under application commences and at the time when an application for fee reimbursement is submitted, which should be within one year upon the successful completion of the CEF reimbursable course. Late applications will not be accepted.
Procedures of Application for Reimbursement
Applicants who wish to apply for reimbursement have to submit the completed CEF Application Form [SFO 302(2019)] together with the institutional certification and required supporting documents to the Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF) within one year upon successful completion of a CEF Course* and before reaching the age of 71. Late applications will not be accepted.
*“Successful completion of a CEF course” means that the applicant must have attended no less than 70% of the contactable hours of the course or such higher attendance requirement as prescribed for the course (whichever is higher), and attained an overall mark of either 50% or such higher percentage of assessment(s) as prescribed for the course (whichever is higher);
- The CEF Application Form [SFO 302(2019)] is available at Lingnan Institute of Further Education (Room 301, New Academic Block, Lingnan University) [Location Map], and the OCEF which can also be downloaded from the website of CEF [Here].
- Please refer to the CEF Guidance Notes for Application [Here] when completing the CEF application form. The CEF Institutional Code of Lingnan Institute of Further Education is “104”.
- Complete the CEF Application Form with the following information:
(a) CEF Course;
(b) CEF Course Title;
(c) Commencement Date;
(d) Course Completion Date;
(e) Date of 1st Instalment of Tuition Fee Paid; and
(f) Actual Amount of Tuition Fee Paid
- Enclose the following items in an A4 size envelope and forward the envelope to Lingnan Institute of Further Education (Room 301, New Academic Block, Lingnan University) [Location Map] in person or by post:
(a) The duly completed CEF Application Form; and
(b) A returned self-addressed A5 size envelope with postage stamp(s) of not less than HK$5 in value.
- Lingnan Institute of Further Education will return the institution certified CEF Application Form to the applicant within 20 working days by post. Failure to provide the required document(s) or complete information may result in delayed application.
- The duly completed and institution certified CEF Application form together with a copy of the following documents should be submitted to the OCEF (Units 07-11, 25/F., CDW Building, 388 Castle Peak Road, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong) by post or in person within one year upon successful completion of the CEF Course and before the applicant reaching the age of 71:
(a) Hong Kong Smart Identity Card;
(b) one-way permit (if applicable);
(c) documentary proof of course fee paid;
(d) documentary proof that the applicant has successfully completed the CEF reimbursable course(s);
(e) documentary proof of passing the specified benchmark test / examination (if applicable);
(f) benchmark test / examination fee receipts (if applicable); and
(g) front page of the applicant’s bank passbook or bank statement showing the name, account number and bank name / bank code.
Applicants may also place their applications in the drop-in boxes located at the following addresses:
(a) Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices (Address: 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon)
- The blue colour “Continuing Education Fund Drop-in Box for Application Forms” is located at 12/F Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, near the reception counter of the Student Finance Office. (Opening hours: Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays), 8:45 a.m. - 5:45 p.m.)
- The silver colour “The Office of the Continuing Education Fund Drop-in Box” is located at G/F lift lobby of Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices. The public can enter the building through the side entrance near the security counter. (Opening hours: Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays (whole day))
(b) Near the main entrance of the Office of Continuing Education Fund (Opening hours: Mondays to Sundays, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.)
- Application results will normally be issued within 8 weeks for applicants who submit applications for the first time, subject to provision of complete and satisfactory supporting documents.
For details of the CEF Scheme, please contact the OCEF (24-hour enquiry hotline: 3142 2277, email: email@example.com
, website: https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef/en/contact.htm
Complaint Handling Procedures
If student considers that his/her concerns cannot be dealt with through various channels, including communicating with respective teachers via phone/face-to-face/email/letter, he/she may wish to pursue formally further by writing to the Director of LIFE. LIFE has proper procedures to handle such complaints. An investigation will be carried out by respective teams who report the progress/resolution to senior management. A flow chart showing the process of handling student complaint is shown below. No action will be taken on any anonymous complaints.
||An acknowledgement will be issued to the complainant within 3 working days upon the receipt of the complaint.
||The case will be investigated normally within two weeks upon the receipt of the complaint. Meetings with the complainant and other concerned parties may be arranged to look into the details of the case.
Points to Note:
||The complainant will receive the reply within 5 working days after the completion of the investigation.
- The above procedure applies to all complaints including CEF courses, raised by students.
- The student should raise the complaint within a limit of six months, starting from the event occurred.
- Anonymous complaints shall not be considered.
- All records relating to complaints will be treated as strict confidential.
Consent for CEF Course Participant
Interested applicants please submit the completed "Statement of Consent Form
" with the TWO separate cheques for application fee and tuition fee (Please make crossed cheque(s) payable to “Lingnan University”) in person or mail to “Lingnan Institute of Further Education, Room 301, 3/F, New Academic Block, Lingnan University, Tuen Mun, N.T.”, specifying “Application for Lifelong Learning Programme” before the application deadline.