FAQ for applying for Top-up Degree Programmes
1) Where are the learning centres?
Top-up Degree programmes will be delivered at main campus of Lingnan University, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong.
2) Do the programmes offered by LIFE in collaboration with overseas universities require registration under the Education Bureau?
In compliance with the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance, all programmes offered by non-local universities through LIFE are exempted from registration under the Ordinance. As conveyed by the Non-local Courses Registry of the Education Bureau, the registration or exemption from registration of a non-local programme is an assurance that the institution offering the programme is a recognised body in the home country. It also assures that effective measures are in place to ensure the standard of the programme offered locally is comparable to that of the home programme and is recognised as such by the institution, the relevant accreditation authority (if any) and the academic community in the home country. Further details on such Ordinance can be obtained via the Education Bureau website at www.edb.gov.hk.
3) Is the award conferred by the overseas university?
Yes. The award will be conferred by the overseas university.
4) What is the medium of instruction for Top-up Degree programmes offered by LIFE?
5) When will the programmes commence?
The programmes will commence in September, running from September to December for Term 1, January to April for Term 2 and May to August for Term 3.
6) Is there any admission interview?
Applicants may be required to attend interviews. Individual interview will be arranged and conducted in English and last for 10 – 15 minutes.
7) If my application for my 1st choice of programme is unsuccessful, do I need to apply again for my 2nd choice?
No. If your 1st choice is unsuccessful, you will be considered for admission to your 2nd choice and so on.
8) How much are the tuition fees for Top-up Degree programmes?
The tuition fees for newly admitted students in the academic year 2018-19 are as follows:
|Top-up Degree programmes
(3 terms in 1 year)
|Top-up Degree programmes|
|Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP)||✘|
|Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS)||✘|
|Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)||✔|