Class Contact Hours
Medium of instruction
Cantonese (supplemented with English)
HK$15,000 per programme
Lingnan University Union Park Learning Centre (UPC)
6/F, Union Park Centre, 771-775 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Lesson 1: 3 September 2023
Lesson 2: 10 September 2023
Lesson 3: 17 September 2023
Lesson 4: 24 September 2023
Lesson 5: 8 October 2023
Time: 9:15a.m. - 6:45p.m.
13 August 2023 (Sun)
QF Level 3
QR Registration No.:21/000031/L3
Registration Validity Period:
01/03/2021 - On-going
Continuing Education Fund
Course code: 44C130682
Statement of Consent Form
(852) 2616 7255
Hong Kong Mediation Centre (HKMC)
Mediation is a way of resolving disputes. The role of a mediator is to use various techniques to help the parties in dispute to find out possible ways to solve conflicts and reach an agreement on the disputed matter through a win-win settlement. It is also useful in daily life to break the predicament of interpersonal relationships and maintain effective communication. The course provides a brief account of the elementary skills on mediation, including its basic principles, procedures, techniques and applications.
- Overview of concepts, trend and prospects of mediation
- Mediation processes I: mediation procedures, mediator’s opening statement
- Mediation processes II: joint session, separate session, agenda setting
- Mediation skills: communication skills and questioning skills,
- Mediation skills: active listening, facilitation skills, reframing skills, negotiation skills
- Mediation skills: application of body language, empowerment, handling impasses, closing the last gap
- Basic concept of contract and settlement agreement
- Rules of mediation and Mediation Ordinance
- Code of ethics for mediators
Professional Qualification and Recognition
* Settlement agreement drafting assessment (25%); and End-of-course assessment (75%)
- The course is recognized under the Qualifications Framework (QF level 3)，QR Registration No.:21/000031/L3
- Certificate of the Attainment will be issued by Lingnan Institute of Further Education to those students who have attended 80% or above of the class and passed each of the course assessment*.
- Certificate will be issued by HKMC to those students who have attended 100% and passed each of the course assessment*. With this Certificate, students can apply directly with the Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited ("HKMAAL") for attempting accreditation. Successful accreditation will lead to qualification of "General Accredited Mediator" and listed on the panel of the HKMAAL and HKMC. For further details on the accreditation requirements and fees, please refer to HKMAAL's website http://www.hkmaal.org.hk/en/HowToBecomeAMediator_G.php. (Remarks: For those who are seeking to be an accredited mediator of the HKMAAL must have at least 3 years full-time working experience.)
- The CPD points application of the Law Society of Hong Kong has been approved. The eligible participant will be awarded 48 CPD points after completing the course.
Holders of Bachelor's degree or sub-degree (or equivalent/above qualification) in any discipline.
Applicants are required to complete an online application form and upload copies of the following supporting documents:
- Copies of academic transcripts/certificates; AND
- Copies of supporting documents for application of privilege (if applicable); AND
- Document of tuition fee payment (Credit Card Payment Authorisation Form); OR
- Applicants are required to post/send the cheques within three days upon submission of online application form.
Two separate cheques for Application Fee and Tuition Fee (Please make crossed cheques or bank drafts payable to “Lingnan University”.)
(Post-dated cheque is not acceptable. Please write down 1. Course Name, 2. Applicant's Name and 3. Contact No. on the back of the cheques.)
- Please post/send to the cheques Lingnan Institute of Further Education, specifying “Application for Lifelong Learning Programme - Course Code".
Address: Room 301, 3/F, Lau Chung Him Building, Lingnan University, Tuen Mun, New Territories, Hong Kong
Office hours: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Mondays to Fridays
- Please send the cheques to Lingnan University Union Park Learning Centre (UPC)
Address: 6/F, Union Park Centre, 771-775 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Office hours: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Mondays to Fridays; 9:00 am to 12:30 pm, Saturdays
This course has a Referral Scheme. Anyone having completed this course before will receive a HK$50 supermarket coupon for each successful referral. If you would like to participate in this scheme, please fill in the name of the referrer when enroling for this course.
1. Both the referee and referrer will receive a HK$50 supermarket cash coupon only if the referee is successfully admitted to LIFE’s Certificate in General Mediator Training and settles the full tuition fee.
2. No limitation on referrals, but each referee can only be referred by ONE referrer.
3. LIFE reserves the right to amend any of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. All matters and disputes will be subject to the final decision of LIFE.
- Application Fee: HK$200
- Course Fee: HK$15,000 per programme
Please make crossed cheques or bank drafts payable to “Lingnan University”. Post-dated cheque is not acceptable. Please write down 1. Course Name, 2. Applicant's Name and 3. Contact No. on the back of the cheques.
(2) VISA / Mastercard
Applicants can upload the completed Credit Card Payment Authorisation Form when filling in the application form. Applicants will be contacted via email for transactions afterwards.
Points to Note:
Applications will be processed only upon receipt of the completed application form, copies of supporting documents and crossed cheques of application fee and tuition fee. Registration fee paid shall not be refunded. Tuition fee and other fees paid (if any) are neither refundable nor transferable except when the programme for which an offer is made is subsequently cancelled by LIFE. If the cheque is rejected by bank, the applicant concerned will be required to settle the tuition fee within three working days upon receipt of notification from the Institute. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of enrollment or suspension from taking subsequent classes. Students will be notified about the class arrangements via email. Official receipts will be issued for all payments made by applicants. Unless otherwise notified, applicants are expected to be present for class at the time and place indicated on LIFE website or the leaflet. In the event of any inconsistency between the online version and the leaflet version, the online version shall prevail. LIFE reserves the rights to make final decisions whether the programme(s) are offered.
Continuing Education Fund(CEF)
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
This course is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level 3).
Eligibility of Application for Continuing Education Fund (CEF) Reimbursement
Applicants wishing to apply for the Continuing Education Fund (CEF) Reimbursement (if applicable) must complete the CEF "Statement of Consent Form” and submit the original to LIFE for processing on or before the course commencement date.
Upon successful completion of the CEF course*, to apply for reimbursement, the applicant is required to submit the completed CEF Application Form to the Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF) with the required documents within one year upon successful completion of a CEF Course. Please follow the notice and instruction from the Institute email or to refer to the Institute CEF webpage (please see the link below) when completing the CEF application form. Enclose the required items with the completed CEF Application Form in an A4 size envelope and submit the envelope to Lingnan Institute of Further Education (Room 301, Lau Ching Him Building, Lingnan University) in person or by post. The Institute will return the institution certified CEF Application Form to the applicant within 20 working days by post. Failure to provide the required document(s) or complete information may result in delayed application.
*“Successful completion of a CEF course” means that the applicant must have attended no less than 70% of the contactable hours of the course or such higher attendance requirement as prescribed for the course (whichever is higher), and attained an overall mark of either 50% or such higher percentage of assessment(s) as prescribed for the course (whichever is higher)
For more detailed information on Continuing Education Fund (CEF) Reimbursement, please refer to: "Continued Education Fund (CEF)" on our website.