Class Contact Hours
Starting date: 30 October 2023(Mon)
every Monday and Wednesday from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Medium of instruction
Lingnan University Union Park Learning Centre (UPC)
6/F, Union Park Centre, 771-775 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
HK$28,600 per programme
(Tuition fee is payable in two equal installments. Each instalment is HK$14,300.)
2 October 2023(Mon)
Period and Mode of Study
1 year face-to-face teaching (part-time mode)
Chartered Institute of Housing Asian Pacific Branch
QF Level 4
QR Registration No.:21/000281/L4
Registration Validity Period:
01/07/2021 - On-going
Continuing Education Fund(CEF)
Course code: 33F134528
Statement of Consent Form
This Programme aims to provide students with professional knowledge in managing different kinds of properties and facilities in both public and private sectors. It will also equip students with knowledge and skills to analyze and solve the key management problems in the industry in a professional manner.
- Property Service Management
- Facility Management
- Building Repair and Maintenance
- Management of Building Environment
- Building Services and Technology
- Legal Studies
- Finance Management
- The Application of Gerontechnology in Property Management
Professional Qualification and Recognition
To be eligible to apply for Member Cert. CIH, students must:
- Member Cert. CIH (previously titled "Practitioner Member")
1. be currently employed in property / facility management sector; AND
2. register as CIH student member at their own costs and grant initial approval from CIH at the commencement of the programme; AND
3. fulfill the course requirement and obtained the award of PDPM; AND
4. successfully complete of the Practical Experience Requirements (PER)# under supervision of a recognized supervisor.
# The offering for the admission to this programme does NOT imply your application and job natures have demonstrated your capabilities of comleting PER which you may apply for under the requirements set by CIH.
- PMSA Specified Course (Tier 2)
- The course is recognized under the Qualifications Framework (QF level 4) ，QR Registration No.:21/000281/L4
- Students should at least obtain a minimum mark of 40% for each component in addition to an overall pass mark of 50%. Students have to pass all modules with at least 70% attendance in each module.
The Professional Diploma in Property and Facility Management (PDPFM) programme aims at training students who aspire to eventually take up a supervisory or managerial role in the field of property management that meet the requirements to obtain PMP (Tier 2) license after their graduation from the Programme with accumulation of the required work experience.
The minimum entrance requirements for the programme:
- Level 2 or above in five HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, and with at least 1 year of relevant work experience; OR
- Grade E / Level 2 or above in five HKCEE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, and with at least 1 year of relevant work experience; OR
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to LIFE and with at least 1 year of relevant work experience; OR
- Relevant Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above and a pass in the entrance assessment; OR
- Mature applicants (Aged 21 or above) with at least 5 years of relevant work experience; OR
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by LIFE and a pass in an entrance assessment.
Applicants are required to complete an online application form and upload copies of the following supporting documents:
- Copies of academic transcripts/certificates; AND
- Copies of proof of employment; AND
- An ID photo with white background; AND
- Copies of supporting documents for application of privilege (if applicable); AND
- Document of tuition fee payment (Credit Card Payment Authorisation Form); OR
- Applicants are required to post/send the cheques within three days upon submission of online application form.
Two separate cheques for Application Fee and Tuition Fee for the first instalment (Please make crossed cheques or bank drafts payable to “Lingnan University”.)
(Post-dated cheque is not acceptable. Please write down 1. Course Name, 2. Applicant's Name and 3. Contact No. on the back of the cheques.)
- Please post/send to the cheques Lingnan Institute of Further Education, specifying “Application for Lifelong Learning Programme - Course Code".
Address: Room 301, 3/F, Lau Chung Him Building, Lingnan University, Tuen Mun, New Territories, Hong Kong
Office hours: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Mondays to Fridays
- Please send the cheques to Lingnan University Union Park Learning Centre (UPC)
Address: 6/F, Union Park Centre, 771-775 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Office hours: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Mondays to Fridays; 9:00 am to 12:30 pm, Saturdays
Tuition fee is payable in two equal installments. Each instalment is HK$14,300. The application fee must be paid together with the first instalment in a separate cheque (i.e. two cheques should be issued).
- Application Fee: HK$200
- Course Fee: HK$28,600 per programme
Please make crossed cheques or bank drafts payable to “Lingnan University”. Post-dated cheque is not acceptable. Please write down 1. Course Name, 2. Applicant's Name and 3. Contact No. on the back of the cheques.
(2) VISA / Mastercard
Applicants can upload the completed Credit Card Payment Authorisation Form when filling in the application form. Applicants will be contacted via email for transactions afterwards.
Points to Note:
Applications will be processed only upon receipt of the completed application form, copies of supporting documents and crossed cheques of application fee and tuition fee. Registration fee paid shall not be refunded. Tuition fee and other fees paid (if any) are neither refundable nor transferable except when the programme for which an offer is made is subsequently cancelled by LIFE. If the cheque is rejected by bank, the applicant concerned will be required to settle the tuition fee within three working days upon receipt of notification from the Institute. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of enrollment or suspension from taking subsequent classes. Students will be notified about the class arrangements via email. Official receipts will be issued for all payments made by applicants. Unless otherwise notified, applicants are expected to be present for class at the time and place indicated on LIFE website or the leaflet. In the event of any inconsistency between the online version and the leaflet version, the online version shall prevail. LIFE reserves the rights to make final decisions whether the programme(s) are offered.
Continuing Education Fund(CEF)
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
This course is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level 4).
Eligibility of Application for Continuing Education Fund (CEF) Reimbursement
Applicants wishing to apply for the Continuing Education Fund (CEF) Reimbursement (if applicable) must complete the CEF "Statement of Consent Form” and submit the original to LIFE for processing on or before the course commencement date.
Upon successful completion of the CEF course*, to apply for reimbursement, the applicant is required to submit the completed CEF Application Form to the Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF) with the required documents within one year upon successful completion of a CEF Course. Please follow the notice and instruction from the Institute email or to refer to the Institute CEF webpage (please see the link below) when completing the CEF application form. Enclose the required items with the completed CEF Application Form in an A4 size envelope and submit the envelope to Lingnan Institute of Further Education (Room 301, Lau Ching Him Building, Lingnan University) in person or by post. The Institute will return the institution certified CEF Application Form to the applicant within 20 working days by post. Failure to provide the required document(s) or complete information may result in delayed application.
*“Successful completion of a CEF course” means that the applicant must have attended no less than 70% of the contactable hours of the course or such higher attendance requirement as prescribed for the course (whichever is higher), and attained an overall mark of either 50% or such higher percentage of assessment(s) as prescribed for the course (whichever is higher)
For more detailed information on Continuing Education Fund (CEF) Reimbursement, please refer to: "Continued Education Fund (CEF)" on our website.