- The programme is designed for insurance and financial planning practitioners;
- The programme is taught by university lecturers, tax and legal experts, and experienced financial planners;
- Case studies will be discussed for applying theory into practice;
- Contextualized programme content;
- Taught in Cantonese. Teaching materials are in Chinese supplemented with English.
About International Association of Registered Financial Consultants (IARFC)
International Association of Registered Financial Consultants Hong Kong and Macau Centre Company Limited was established in Hong Kong in 2003. It engages in RFC certification work, as well as providing continuing education and member services. For more information, please visit www.IARFC-HK.org.
About Registered Financial Consultant
Registered Financial Consultant (RFC) is the prestigious professional designation in Financial Planning conferred by International Association of Registered Financial Consultants (IARFC) to those financial advisors who meet the required standards of education, experience and integrity. IARFC is a US-based non-profit organization established in 1984, headquartered in Middletown, Ohio. Truly international, it is currently represented in Greater China (China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Canada, Bermuda and Trinidad, in addition to the United States. For more information, please visit www.IARFC.org.
Economics (8 hours)
Finance and Investment (8 hours)
Law and Tax (8 hours)
Practical Aspects of Financial Consulting and Case Studies (6 hours)
Professional Qualification and Recognition
- Certificate in Financial Consulting (Executive Programme) will be issued by Lingnan Institute of Further Education to those students who have successfully completed the programme.
- The course is recognized under the Qualifications Framework (QF level 3)
- Registered Financial Consultant (RFC) will also be issued by IARFC if graduates fulfill the requirements of IARFC.
With minimum 8 years of fulltime working experience in life insurance, financial planning or related fields;
With minimum 5 years of fulltime working experience in life insurance, financial planning or related fields and holding a recognized above-secondary academic qualification;
With minimum 3 years of fulltime working experience in life insurance, financial planning or related fields and holding:
- a recognized university degree; or
- at least one of the following industry qualifications / designations: CWM, AMTC, EMD, IFPC, LUTCF, FLMI, CMFA, CIAM, CLU, CFP, CHFC, HKRFP or equivalent;
Holding a professional practice qualification in Law, Accounting, Actuarial Science, Financial Analysis or other equivalent qualifications.
Lesson 1: 14 January 2021 (Thursday)
Lesson 2: 15 January 2021 (Friday)
Lesson 3: 21 January 2021 (Thursday)
Lesson 4: 22 January 2021 (Friday)
189 Prince Edward Road West, Kowloon
(Hong Kong Weaving Mills Association)
14 January 2021 (Thursday)
30 September 2020 (Wednesday)
31 December 2020 (Thursday)
Consent for CEF Course Participant
Interested applicants please submit the completed "Statement of Consent Form" with the TWO separate cheques for application fee and tuition fee (Please make crossed cheque(s) payable to “Lingnan University”) in person or mail to “Lingnan Institute of Further Education, Room 301, 3/F, Lau Chung Him Building, Lingnan University, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong.”, specifying “Application for Lifelong Learning Programme” before the application deadline.
*For details, please refer to "Continued Education Fund (CEF)" in our website.