Providing a well-rounded foundation education to prepare students to articulate to Associate Degree and Higher Diploma programmes
Developing students' communicative proficiency in English and Chinese for academic and general purpose
Imparting fundamental concepts in various disciplines including social sciences, business studies and humanities for further studies
Develops students’ communicative proficiency in English and Chinese for academic and general purposes
Analyses their own strengths and weaknesses and applies the acquired knowledge and techniques to career and life planning
Demonstrates fundamental quantitative skills to solve daily problems
Provides fundamental concepts in various disciplines including social sciences, business studies, and humanities to be ready for further studies
Equips students with essential skills required for taking up entry positions at work
Programme Learning Outcomes
Upon completion, students will be able to:
- effectively communicate in English and Chinese for academic and general purposes;
- analyze their own strengths and weaknesses and apply the acquired knowledge and techniques for career and life planning;
- demonstrate fundamental quantitative skills to solve daily problems;
- explain foundation concepts in various disciplines including social sciences, business studies, and humanities to be ready for further studies; and
- demonstrate essential skills that are required for taking up entry positions at work.
General Education (12 Credits)
- Practical Chinese
- Practical Putonghua
- Essential English for Everyday Life
- Introduction to Business English
Specialisation Courses (18 Credits)
- Quantitative Skills
- Liberal Studies
- Career and Life Planning
- English Language in Creative Arts
- Fundamentals of Business Studies
- Exploring Family Issues in Hong Kong
Apart from Chinese courses and courses which require students to have working knowledge of Chinese, all courses are normally taught in English.
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to Associate Degree programmes or Higher Diploma programmes offered by LIFE.
Teaching and Learning Support
The following scholarships were available for students with outstanding performance in academic studies, great achievement in extra-curricular activities and/or valuable contribution to the College/University/Community:
- Lingnan Club Scholarship
- Lingnan Education Organization Scholarship
- Lingnan University Alumni Association (Hong Kong) Scholarship
Continued Education Fund (CEF)
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
This course/ The mother course (Title of Qualification) of this module is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level ).
For details, please refer to "Continued Education Fund (CEF)" in our website.
So Ka Ho
- Graduate of Diploma in College Foundation Studies 2018
- Year 1, Associate of Arts (History), Lingnan Institute of Further Education
I am so glad to be a part of LIFE. LIFE offered a comfortable learning environment for me to learn and participate in different activities. Apart from acquiring the knowledge in different categories such as Business, Liberal Studies and Sociology, I discovered the Associate Degree programme that I was interested in. Besides, LIFE often organises different English activities for students to enhance their English level. During the study of Diploma programme, I encountered various difficulties in academic and other aspects, and LIFE lecturers were willing to help us solve the problems. The lecturers here are just like my parents and LIFE is like my home. I do appreciate all my lecturers and I had so many precious moments at LIFE.