Persons who meet the following criteria can apply for CEF:
*“Successful completion of a CEF course” means that the applicant must have attended no less than 70% of the contactable hours of the course or such higher attendance requirement as prescribed for the course (whichever is higher), and attained an overall mark of either 50% or such higher percentage of assessment(s) as prescribed for the course (whichever is higher);
- Hong Kong residents who have the right of abode or the right to land or to remain in Hong Kong without restriction, i.e. “A” (right of abode), “R” (right to land) or “U” (remain in Hong Kong without restriction) should appear below the date of birth on the HK Smart Identity Card, or holders of One-way Permit from Mainland China. For details of the meaning of the symbols, please visit the website of the Immigration Department
- Aged between 18 and 70 (i.e. before reaching the age of 71) both at the time when the CEF reimbursable course under application commences and at the time when an application for fee reimbursement is submitted, which should be within one year upon the successful completion of the CEF reimbursable course. (The upper age limit has been removed for courses commenced after 1 August 2022) Late applications will not be accepted.
- Have enrolled in and paid the tuition fee for the CEF reimbursable course; and
[Remarks : All CEF course providers are required to collect the tuition fees of CEF courses on an equal monthly instalments basis except those which have been granted exemption by the Secretary for Labour and Welfare. For the list of the exempted courses, please refer to " Reimbursable Course List" in the website of the Office of Continuing Education Fund (OCEF).]
- Have not obtained any other public funds or assistance under any other publicly-funded financial assistance schemes for the same course.
- The CEF Application Form [SFO 313(2022)] is available at Lingnan Institute of Further Education (LCH 301, Lau Chung Him Building, Lingnan University) [Location Map], and the OCEF which can also be downloaded from the website of CEF [Here].
- Please refer to the CEF Guidance Notes for Application [Here] when completing the CEF application form. The CEF Institutional Code of Lingnan Institute of Further Education is “104”.
- Complete the CEF Application Form with the following information:
(a) CEF Course;
(b) CEF Course Title;
(c) Commencement Date;
(d) Course Completion Date;
(e) Date of 1st Instalment of Tuition Fee Paid; and
(f) Actual Amount of Tuition Fee Paid
- Enclose the following items in an A4 size envelope and forward the envelope to Lingnan Institute of Further Education (LCH 301, Lau Ching Him Building, Lingnan University) [Location Map] in person or by post:
(a) The duly completed CEF Application Form; and
(b) Copy of Hong Kong Smart Identity Card;
(c) Copy of the receipt issued by the institute or documentary proof of course fee paid;
(d) Copies of documentary proof that the applicant has successfully completed the CEF reimbursable course(s): i.e. Certificate of Graduation and Transcript(s); and
(e) Copy of the front page of the applicant’s bank passbook or bank statement showing the name, account number and bank name / bank code.
- Lingnan Institute of Further Education will certify the CEF Application Form within 20 working days. The applicant will be informed to collect the institution certified CEF Application Form and letter of certification in person.
- Applicants should submit to OCEF the completed original application form with certification by LIFE together with copies of the supporting documents [Hong Kong Smart Identity Card, one-way permit (if applicable), documentary proof of course fee paid, documentary proof showing the successful completion of the CEF reimbursable course(s) and the front page of his / her bank passbook or bank statement showing the name, account number and bank name / bank code] through the following channels.
By post or over the counter (Paper-based application)
Applicants can submit application forms to OCEF by post or in person.
Address : Units 07-11, 25/F., CDW Building, 388 Castle Peak Road, Tsuen Wan, New Territories
Opening hours : Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays), 8:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
By using the drop-in boxes at the following locations (Paper-based application)
(I) Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices (Address: 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon)
11/F Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, Student Finance Office
Opening hours: Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays), 8:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
(II) Near the main entrance of OCEF
G/F lift lobby of Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices. The public can enter the building through the side entrance near the security counter.
Opening hours: Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays (whole day)
Opening hours: Mondays to Sundays, 8:00 a.m. – 11:00.p.m.
Online application through “GovHK” (Electronic application)
Applicants may also complete and submit the online application form through “GovHK”. After the online submission of the application form and the required documents, applicants are required to print a hard copy of the form and sign the Declaration at Part D or print out a hard copy of the form with digital signing of “iAM Smart”, and then submit the form to the institution / course provider concerned for certification to prove that the applicants have successfully completed the course(s) concerned. The original of the signed or with digital signing of “iAM Smart” and certified application form should be submitted to OCEF within one month after online submission.
For details of the CEF Scheme, please contact the OCEF (24-hour enquiry hotline: 3142 2277(Handled by the staff of "1823"), email: email@example.com, website: https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef/en/contact.htm).