FAQ for applying for Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma Programmes
1) Where are the learning centres?
Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma programmes will be delivered at main campus of Lingnan University in 2017/18 academic year.
2) What facilities and services are available for Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma students?
Student can use all facilities of Lingnan University, including Library, Computer Centre, Sports Centres and other facilities as well.
3) What are the quality of Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma programmes offered by LIFE?
LIFE is committed to providing high quality education to post-secondary students. All programmes are developed and assessed under the rigorous quality assurance system of Lingnan University and recognized as the appropriate QF level under Qualifications Framework (QF).
4) What are the levels of programmes under Qualifications Framework (QF) recognized by HKSAR Government?
5) Are there any scholarships for students?
Yes, there are a number of scholarships available for students who have outstanding performance in academic achievements, services for the LIFE, University and the Community. Entrance Scholarships are awarded to newly admitted students who possess good academic qualifications. Progression Scholarships will be granted as incentives to Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Year 1 students who progress to Associate Degree or Higher Diploma Year 2 with outstanding academic results. Academic Scholarships will be awarded to students according to their academic merit, achievements in extra-curricular activities and contributions to LIFE or University. Community Service Scholarships are also awarded to the students who have outstanding achievement in the extra-curricular activities and contributions to LIFE and the community.
6) If I cannot meet the entry requirements of the Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programmes (i.e. without Level 2 in five subjects in HKDSE Examination), are there any other programmes I can apply?
If you cannot meet the entry requirements of the Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programmes, you may apply for admission to Diploma or Diploma Yi Jin programmes of Lingnan Institute of Further Education. You may visit our website (www.LN.edu.hk/life) for details.
7) How much are the tuition fee for Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma programmes?
(4 terms in 2 years)
|HK$27,000 per term|
(4 terms in 2 years)
|HK$25,750 per term*|
|* Except Higher Diploma programmes listed below|
|Higher Diploma in Airline Service and Management||HK$27,050 per term|
|Higher Diploma in Elderly Health and Care|
|Higher Diploma in Fitness Training and Management|
|Higher Diploma in Hospitality (Hotel Operations)|
|Higher Diploma in Psychology (Guidance and Counselling)|
|Higher Diploma in Psychology of Education|
|Higher Diploma in Sports Coaching and Leadership|
|Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education||HK$32,400 per term|
(2 terms in 1 year)
|HK$19,500 per term
8) Can I apply for financial assistance from the government？
|Associate Degree||Higher Diploma||Diploma|
|Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP)||✔||✔||✘|
|Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS)||✔||✔||✘|
|Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)||✘||✘||✔|
Please click HERE for more information on application of Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes.
FAQ for LIFE Diploma / LIFE Diploma Yi Jin current students applying for Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes