FAQ for applying for Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma Programmes
1) Where are the learning centres?
Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma programmes will be delivered at main campus of Lingnan University in 2018/19 academic year.
2) What are the quality of Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma programmes offered by LIFE?
LIFE is committed to providing high quality education to post-secondary students. All programmes are developed and assessed under the rigorous quality assurance system of Lingnan University and recognized as the appropriate QF level under Qualifications Framework (QF).
3) What are the levels of programmes under Qualifications Framework (QF) recognized by HKSAR Government?
4) Are there any scholarships for students?
Yes, there are a number of scholarships available for students who have outstanding performance in academic achievements, services for the LIFE, University and the Community. Entrance Scholarships are awarded to newly admitted students who possess good academic qualifications. Progression Scholarships will be granted as incentives to Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Year 1 students who progress to Associate Degree or Higher Diploma Year 2 with outstanding academic results. Academic Scholarships will be awarded to students according to their academic merit, achievements in extra-curricular activities and contributions to LIFE or University. Community Service Scholarships are also awarded to the students who have outstanding achievement in the extra-curricular activities and contributions to LIFE and the community.
5) If I cannot meet the entry requirements of the Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programmes (i.e. without Level 2 in five subjects in HKDSE Examination), are there any other programmes I can apply?
If you cannot meet the entry requirements of the Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programmes, you may apply for admission to Diploma or Diploma Yi Jin programmes of Lingnan Institute of Further Education. You may visit our website (www.LN.edu.hk/life) for details.
6) How much are the tuition fees for Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma programmes?The tuition fees for newly admitted students in the academic year 2017-18 are as follows. The tuition fees for newly admitted students in the academic year 2018-19 are subject to annual revision.
|Associate Degree (4 terms in 2 years)||HK$27,000 per term|
|Higher Diploma (4 terms in 2 years)|
||HK$25,750 per term|
||HK$27,050 per term|
||HK$32,400 per term|
|Diploma (2 terms in 1 year)||HK$19,500 per term|
7) Can I apply for financial assistance from the government？
|Associate Degree||Higher Diploma||Diploma|
|Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP)||✔||✔||✘|
|Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS)||✔||✔||✘|
|Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)||✘||✘||✔|
Please click HERE for more information on application of Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes.
FAQ for LIFE Diploma / LIFE Diploma Yi Jin current students applying for Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes