FAQ for applying for Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma Programmes
1) Where are the learning centres?
Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma programmes will be delivered at main campus of Lingnan University in 2021-22 academic year.
2) What are the quality of Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma programmes offered by LIFE?
LIFE is committed to providing high-quality education to post-secondary students. All programmes are developed and assessed under the rigorous quality assurance system of Lingnan University and recognized as the appropriate QF level under Qualifications Framework (QF).
3) What are the levels of programmes under Qualifications Framework (QF) recognized by HKSAR Government?
4) What is the medium of instruction for Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma programmes offered by LIFE?
Apart from Chinese/Translation courses and courses which require students to have working knowledge of Chinese, all courses are normally taught in English.
5) Are there any scholarships for students?
Yes, there are a number of scholarships available for students who have outstanding performance in academic achievements, services for the LIFE, University and the Community. Entrance Scholarship is awarded to newly admitted students who possess outstanding academic performance. Progression Scholarship will be granted as an incentive to Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Year 1 students who progress to Year 2 with outstanding academic results. Academic Scholarships will be awarded to students according to their academic merit and contributions to LIFE or the University. Students who have outstanding achievement in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and active participation in community service or contributions to LIFE can apply for Community Service Scholarship.
6) If I cannot meet the entry requirements of the Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programmes (i.e. without Level 2 in five subjects in HKDSE Examination), are there any other programmes I can apply?
If you cannot meet the entry requirements of the Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programmes, you may apply for admission to Diploma or Diploma Yi Jin programmes of Lingnan Institute of Further Education. You may visit our website (life.LN.edu.hk) for details.
7) How much are the tuition fees for Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma programmes?
|Associate Degree Programmes
(4 terms in 2 years)
|Associate of Arts (Chinese)||HK$29,900 per term|
|Associate of Arts (History)|
|Associate of Arts (Philosophy)|
|Associate of Arts (Translation)|
|Associate of Business Studies (Business Management)|
|Associate of Social Sciences (Psychology)|
|Associate of Business Studies (Risk and Insurance Management)||HK$31,350 per term|
|Higher Diploma Programmes
(4 terms in 2 years)
|Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Entrepreneurship*||HK$29,900 per term|
|Higher Diploma in Chinese Media Writing and Production|
|Higher Diploma in Disciplinary Forces|
|Higher Diploma in English and Communications|
|Higher Diploma in Health and Social Services|
|Higher Diploma in Japanese Language and Communications|
|Higher Diploma in Marketing and Event Management*|
|Higher Diploma in Psychology (Guidance and Counselling)|
|Higher Diploma in Psychology of Education
(Special Educational Needs)
|Higher Diploma in Airline Service and Management||HK$31,350 per term|
|Higher Diploma in Fitness Training and Management|
|Higher Diploma in Hospitality (Hotel Operations)|
|Higher Diploma in Sports Coaching and Leadership|
|Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education||HK$36,475 per term|
|Diploma in College Foundation Studies
(2 terms in 1 year)
|HK$22,000 per term|
* The "Higher Diploma in Business Administration" and "Higher Diploma in Marketing and Advertising" programmes are renamed as "Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Entrepreneurship" and "Higher Diploma in Marketing and Event Management" in 2021-22 academic year.
8) Can I apply for financial assistance from the government？
|Associate Degree||Higher Diploma||Diploma|
|Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP)||✔||✔||✘|
|Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS)||✔||✔||✘|
|Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)||✘||✘||✔|
Please click HERE for more information on application of Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes.
FAQ for LIFE Diploma / LIFE Diploma Yi Jin current students applying for Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes