FAQ for applying for Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma in College Foundation Studies Programmes
1) Where are the learning centres?
Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma in College Foundation Studies programmes will be delivered at the main campus of Lingnan University in the 2023-24 academic year.
2) What are the quality of Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma in College Foundation Studies programmes offered by LIFE?
LIFE is committed to providing high-quality education to post-secondary students. All programmes are developed and assessed under the rigorous quality assurance system of Lingnan University and recognized as the appropriate QF level under Qualifications Framework (QF).
3) What are the levels of programmes under Qualifications Framework (QF) recognized by HKSAR Government?
4) What is the medium of instruction for Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma in College Foundation Studies programmes offered by LIFE?
Apart from Chinese courses and courses which require students to possess working knowledge of Chinese, all courses are normally taught in English.
5) Are there any scholarships for students?
There are a number of scholarships available for students who possess outstanding performance in academic achievements, services to LIFE, the University and to the Community. To name a few, the Entrance Scholarship is awarded to newly admitted students who possess outstanding academic performance. The Progression Scholarship is awarded to Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Year 1 students who progress to Year 2 with outstanding academic results. Academic Scholarships are awarded to students based on their academic merit and contributions to LIFE or the University. Students who possess outstanding achievement in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, who also are active in the participation in community service activities or have made constructive contributions to LIFE may be considered for the Community Service Scholarship.
6) If I am not able to meet the admission requirements of the Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programmes (i.e. without Level 2 in five subjects in HKDSE Examination, including Chinese Language and English Language), are there any other programmes I may apply to?
If you are unable to meet the admission requirements for Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programmes, you may apply for admission to our Diploma in College Foundation Studies or Diploma Yi Jin programmes. Please visit our website (life.LN.edu.hk) for more details.
7) How much are the tuition fees for Associate Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma in College Foundation Studies programmes?
(academic year 2022-23)
|Associate Degree Programmes
(4 terms in 2 years)
|Associate of Arts (History)||HK$30,500 per term|
|Associate of Business Studies (Business Management)|
|Associate of Social Sciences (Psychology)|
|Higher Diploma Programmes
(4 terms in 2 years)
|Higher Diploma in Sports Coaching and Leadership||HK$32,000 per term|
|Diploma in College Foundation Studies
(2 terms in 1 year)
|HK$22,500 per term|
8) Can I apply for financial assistance from the government？
|Associate Degree||Higher Diploma||Diploma in College Foundation Studies|
|Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP)||✔||✔||✘|
|Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS)||✔||✔||✘|
|Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)||✘||✘||✔|
Please click HERE for more information on application of Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes.
FAQ for current students of LIFE Diploma in College Foundation Studies / LIFE Diploma Yi Jin interested in applying for Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Programmes